Gear Guide Overview
Pretty much every other message I receive, whether it be on social media or during my daily life: “what photography gear do you use? What is the best brand? For the beginning, I would like to say, that camera of course is very important tool and It’s not just the camera you have to buy, everything else seems to change too; lenses, Tripods, camera bags, LensCovers, filters, and more.
We often hear “It’s not about the gear but the photographer behind it”. yes thats true and the most powerful gear for Creativity Is Your Mindset but also to be able as a landscape photographer to make a great high resolution images for large prints, you need a certain of advanced gear and tools.
This section lists my equipment recommendations for landscape, cityscape & outdoor photography. My suggestions here is based on my personal experience over the years and for the brands that i represent. Feel free to get in touch in case any of any clarifications.
The Nikon D850 is Nikon's latest high resolution full-frame DSLR, boasting a 46MP backside-illuminated CMOS sensor. But, in a fairly radical departure for the series, it is also one of the company's fastest-shooting DSLRs. This combination of properties should significantly widen the camera's appeal to high-end enthusiasts as well as a broad range of professional photographers.
The Nikon D810 is a 36.3-megapixel professional-grade full-frame digital single-lens reflex camera produced by Nikon. The camera was officially announced in June 2014, and became available in July 2014. Compared to the former D800/D800E it offers an image sensor with a base sensitivity of ISO 64 and extended range of ISO 32 to 51,200, an Expeed processor with noise reduction with claimed 1 stop noise improvement, doubled buffer size, increased frame rate and extended battery life, improved autofocus – now similar to the D4S, improved video with 1080p 60 fps and many software improvements.
- PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm F2.8G ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E ED VRII
- ZEISS Milvus 15mm f/2.8 ZF for Nikon mount
- ZEISS Milvus 18mm f/2.8 ZF for Nikon mount
- ZEISS Milvus 50mm f/2.8 ZF for Nikon mount
- ZEISS Milvus 135mm f/2 ZF for Nikon mount
- ZEISS Otus 28mm f/1.4 for Nikon mount
- ZEISS Otus 85mm f/1.4 for Nikon mount
Tripods & Ballhead
- Gitzo GT3543LS Systematic Series 3 Carbon Fiber Tripod
- Really Right Stuff TVC-33 Versa Series 3 Carbon Fiber
- Really Right Stuff BH-55 Ball Head with Lever-Release Panning Clamp
- Really Right Stuff L-Plate Set for Nikon D850
- NiSi S5 Kit 150mm Filter Holder System Bracket with Circular Polarizer
- Nisi 150x150mm Super Stopper Nano IR Neutral Density filter – 3 Stop
- Nisi 150x150mm Super Stopper Nano IR Neutral Density filter – 6 Stop
- Nisi 150x150mm Super Stopper Nano IR Neutral Density filter – 10 Stop
- Nisi 150x150mm Super Stopper Nano IR Neutral Density filter – 15 Stop
Camera Case & Photo Storage
- FstopGear SUKHA Black
- FstopGear SUKHA Orange
- Internal Camera Unit PRO ICU - XL
- Internal Camera Unit PRO ICU - L
- Lexar XQD Memory Cards
- Sony XQD Memory Cards
- SanDisk SD Extreme Pro
- LaCie Rugged SSD 500 GB Thunderbolt + USB 3.0
- LaCie 4 TB Rugged Mini External Hard Disk Drive
- 15-inch MacBook Pro
- Adobe CS6 & LR CC
- Wacom Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Tablet
- Nik Software
- AutoPano Pro